Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Honey, the car needs gas - I'm going in for lyposuction!


So the title might strike you as a bit odd. But let's be honest here - that's the point, right? So I am sitting in my office (at home, mind you) on Christmas Eve day. I have read all the hockey news there is, and I have checked email about 47 times in the last 12 minutes. The only thing left to do is surf the web and blog, right? Right.

So I came across this story today. The basic premise is that there is a doctor in LA somewhere. He is one of those cosmetic guys, specializing in the removal of those unsightly love handles and chubby bellies (his words, I swear). No big deal so far. But guess what he does with the leftover uh, waste. No way you are going to guess this, so I will spoil it for you.

He uses the fat he sucks out of these bodies and converts it to biodiesel for his Ford SUV and his girlfriend's Lincoln Navigator. Yeah, you read that right. This guy is being driven by Beverly Hills fatties. Every Big Mac, KFC bucket, and mayonnaise-slathered french fry is helping save the earth in a sick and twisted kind of way.

You can read the whole story here - Fill 'Er Up With Human Fat.

If this catches on, I think you might see a new definition of the popular term Fat Farm. Just picture a bunch of people tied up to troughs of burgers and ice cream. Hey, what's good for the planet is good for me.

No comments: