Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Coming Soon - Naming Rights for Toilet Paper!



One of my lifelong dreams has always been to be a teacher. Have you seen the movie Mr. Holland's Opus? I always wanted to be that teacher. I know what you are thinking - "Mike, how is that possible when you are so at ease with prostituting your skills out to the high tech industry?" And I answer, "Teachers don't get paid diddly, so I am making do right now. Give it time, sweets. Give it time."

Well, no sooner was I thinking forward to the day when I could give up the salary for a teaching job when I came across further proof that our teachers don't make enough. You know it is bad when teachers have to sell naming rights to their tests and quizzes. Don't believe me? Check out a teacher from my own alma mater. My very own Rancho Bernardo High School (Go Broncos!) made CNN today. Read about a cash-strapped teacher at RBHS.

I don't know how bad the economy will get, but I am already trying to find someone I can sell the naming rights to my toilet paper to. I am thinking one of the auto makers might make sense. Their stock and the toilet paper I would put their names on are worth about the same. Zing!

No comments: