Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Have you met my sister Stalin?

So for those of you who don't me very well, you probably just assume that my last name is and always has been Bushong. But you would be wrong. As it turns out, I was actually adopted by my dad and took on his last name when I was 6 years old. Thank God!
But no, my real last name is not Bushong. I was actually born with a different name. Are you ready? Wait for it... wait for it...

I was born as Michael Butts. Yeah, that's right. Up through kindergarten, I was little Mikey Butts. My dad came along and adopted me (birth mom, adopted dad - you figure it out), and that saved me from a life of torment and torture. I might have ended up as the butt of all those kid jokes. Although, I should point out that it might have made me a big badass. I look at guys like the former Chargers running back Marion Butts (a girl's first name and an awful last name) or the Sharks fighting enforcer Jody Shelley (2 girls names - really? are we really doing that to kids?), and I wonder if having a bad name makes you tougher.

So anyway, I used to think my name was bad, but that was until today. Today I came across what could be the worst name in the history of names. Yes, this name is worse than the kid I went to high school with (Ichi Wang - oh yeah, you can't make that kind of name up). I read an article today about a kid named Adolph Hitler Campbell. Apparently, little Adolph's parents wanted to get him a cake with his name on it, but the good people at the local supermarket refused to put his name on it. They thought it was offensive. Don't believe me? Check out the story entitled "Child named after Hitler is refused cake request."

And in case you thought that was bad, his sister is named "JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell". And no, I am not making that up.

No comments: