Thursday, September 25, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog

That is the question!

Stacy and I have a running debate about whether or not we should blog. From her perspective, a blog really shouldn't share too much personal information. In that regard, feelings, comments about individual people, and anything more than a distant glance at our lives is a bit too much. To be fair, I see her point. Pretty frequently these days, you hear about so-and-so who had a myspace account or facebook or other social networking site and how they got burned. Their employer read it and did not like it, or maybe a family member or friend got upset.

I am on the other side of the blog fence. I am ok with posting stuff. I won't post my innermost secrets, but I find it somewhat therapeutic to post a little bit of me, provided it doesn't paint me in the wrong way. I enjoy reading blogs of co-workers that point out new ways to think of things or call out interesting articles or even just make amusing observations.

I guess the reality is that no one really reads this anyway, so it's not like I couldn't just keep my thoughts confined to a journal. Hmm, maybe I will start an e-journal. That would be so Doogie Howser of me!

No comments: