Sunday, September 21, 2008

On Work and Loyalty

It occurs to me as I sit in the office (yes, the office) at 5:40pm on Sunday night that I must be pretty loyal to my job to work as hard as I do. Sure, I gripe about long hours, late-breaking deadlines, and all of the hurdles I have to leap to get things done to a level that I can accept. But at the end of it all, I really do love Juniper, my boss, and the people I work with.

The Marines live by the mantra: God, country, family, and corps. I guess I live by that same mantra, switched up a bit (and focused only on my work life) - Juniper, JUNOS Core, and PLM/PMM.

Sometimes knowing exactly where you stand with work makes these weekends and long nights a bit more tolerable. The bottom line is that I wouldn't work so hard if I didn't care, and, even though I like to think it is different, the reality is that I choose to work this hard.

I wonder how many other people truly bleed Juniper blue... I mean really love the company. I hope it's a lot.

No comments: