Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shhh... don't tell Stacy

Stacy is in the other room, watching commercials during the finale of So You Think You Can Dance. I have sneaked away into a dark office where I am frantically tickling my keyboard in an effort to bang out this blog entry before she knows I am gone.

Stacy started her new job this week. For those of you who don't know, Stacy used to work as a product manager in the clinical diagnostics division. She loved that group (honestly, she used to go on and on and on and on... seriously, she didn't know when to quit... about that group). Truth be told, there was one little rocker in that group that was her favorite, but the whole group really made an obvious impact on her.

But while she loved those people, an opportunity in another part of the company surfaced. She wasn't even sure whether she should apply for the position, and truth be told, she was pretty stressed out over the prospect of a job change. Since January, we have sold her place, bought and moved into a new house, gotten married, and now changed jobs. Wowsers.

So anyway, after someone finally talked her into applying for the position, she did the whole interview thing and it was pretty obvious that she was getting more than a little excited about the prospect of a big promotion. Well, long story short, she beat me to what is the equivalent of a director position.

To her credit, when it became clear that she was going to get the position, she did ask me if I was going to be ok with her making director first. I said I didn't mind - afterall, I still make more. But the truth is, I couldn't be prouder. I am so happy to see her energized again and challenged and excited about her new job. I think she will be fantastic.

So if you read my posts and get used to the normal laughs and giggles, sorry if this one disappoints. I just wanted to express my pride at my wife's accomplishments. But shhh, don't tell her I told you.

And if you really do look for giggles and whatnot, I will leave you with this: This blond walks into a library and says in a loud voice, "I'd like a cheeseburger!" The librarian response with a harsh "Shhhh! This is a library!" So the blond whispers back, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'd like a cheeseburger."

No comments: