Monday, August 18, 2008

The Four Chefs


Okay, LOVE the chef's table at Alexander's Steakhouse. After the minimoon dinner at French Laundry, I went in search of other culinary adventures. Hmmm...I like cooking, Mike likes cooking, we like dinner out with friends. Hey, I know let's combine it all and try a chef's table.
That decided, I enlisted the help of my trusty friend, Google, to search for the best Chef's table in the Bay Area. Given, high points for interactivity, Alexander's won our dinner vote. So Last weekend Mark, Claire, Mike and I ventured down to Cupertino in search of Kobe beef, caviar and most of all entertainment. Okay, we weren't necessarily in search of the Kobe and caviar, however we didn't complain at all when these items found us. Super Yum!

We started off with a Caesar Salad made by Mark, followed by a scallop dish I cooked and plated...all under the watchful eyes of the talented Chef's at Alexander's. It wasn't all fun and games, really it was...I just need to set up the photo of me mopping. Yes, mopping is one of the optional chef's table activities offered. We tried to get through all ten, we only made it through nine, but consider it a great reason to go back again.

Such an amazing time was had by all that Mark even bout a chef's coat and we all decided to come back again for the special Iron Chef chef's table experience. It's not something to do if you're feeling broke, but it was $$ very happily spent for a memorable experience with great friends! Thanks for joining Mark & Claire!





No comments: