Saturday, November 29, 2008

Chloe the Amazing Wonder Dog


As Mike said in the blog he wrote on Thanksgiving it has been a tough week. Our Chloe dog isn't doing to well. At this time, despite some amazing fighting on Chloe's part, I am pretty sure our next blog is going to be a very sad one.

Right now I don't want to dwell on that. I just want to write about what a wonderful friend Chloe has been. She has been a wonderful part of my life for almost 14 years now...through thick and thin. She has been through multiple moves, changes in jobs and my search for the perfect guy to become a part of our little family. Kind of amazing when I think about who many stages of my life Chloe has been a part of.

She was even an instrumental part in Mike and I falling in love. I first felt the tug at my heartstrings when she visiting his place for the first time and she was laying down in her dog bed. Mike was walking by and he pulled a blanket off the sofa and covered her up because he thought she looked cold. Since that time they have become best friends. I may be Chloe's mom, but Mike is her best buddy. I am thankful for the joy Mike has added to Chloe's twilight years, and I am equally as thankful for how she has brought us together as a couple.

So, to our Amazing Wonder Dog. Thank you for a lifetime of love, companionship and happiness. You are one of a kind and we will always treasure you.

No comments: